10 Tips for Rock’N River Water Park
1. What to wear: Please wear proper swim attire – and think of who will be there…children. Bathing suits are required, and you are allowed to wear gym shorts or a t-shirt over the swimming suit. Please also put your child in swim diapers if they need to be.
2. What to Bring: You can bring a cooler filled with snacks, drinks and lunch. You can bring fast food bags in. You can not bring glass containers or alcohol. Coolers and bags may be searched before heading in.
3. No water wings: Don’t even bring your child’s water toys or floaties, you will be asked to return them to the car. They do have life vests available to use while you are there.
4. When to get here: Get there a little after 12 pm for no line to get in. We got there at 12:15 and walked right in with no line, though we heard at noon, there was a line of 20-30 people. Also, getting here early guarantees you a spot in the shade.
5. Where to sit: Depending on where your child will spend most of their time is where you should grab a seat. My kids loved the big water playscape and there are some BIG shade umbrellas over in that area to sit under. Honestly, there are places for shade all over the park and ton of seating is now available.
6. Concessions are available to buy. If you don’t have time to grab snacks from home, candy bars, chips, ice cream, and drinks are available to purchase. Also, there is a food truck court with funnel cakes & snow cones – make sure you bring cash!
7. Tons of Great Supervision – One thing I was very impressed with is that there were a lot of lifeguards all over the park. They were constantly scanning the water and keeping the kids from running. That said, when it get crowded, help the lifeguards out by knowing where your kids are too.
8. Wristbands & Swim Test – They operate on a wristband system with different colors representing the different slides you can do based on height. Get your kids’ wristbands when you first arrive. Also, in order for your children to enjoy the slide, jump, & rock wall in The Quarry area, they need to pass a swim test (2 unassisted short laps). Have your kids do the swim test when you first arrive in the Quarry.
9. Rent a Cabana – These cool cabanas with TVs are not available to rent now. Each cabana can accommodate up to 10 guests. Amenities include two club chairs, two chaise lounges, one love seat, one side table, one TV and a service counter. You can also reserve a big umbrella or an octagon for a party, as well as a lounger or pergola. More details here.
10. Cash & Credit cards are accepted for admission. Bring cash for the snow cones!
2019 Operating Schedule:
Memorial Day Weekend
Friday, May 24 – Monday, May 27, 2019 – 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Open Daily: 12:00pm – 7:00pm
May 28 – August, 13, 2019 (CLOSED Wednesdays)
End of Season Weekend Hours: Open: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
August 17 – 18, 2019
August 24 – 25, 2019
August 31 – September 2, 2019
Park Admission Prices:
$10.00 Youth (17 years & under)
$12.00 Adults (18-49 years)
$10.00 Senior (50 years & over)
$5.00 Kids (2 years & under)
Half-Price Twilight Hours: 5:00pm-7:00pm
Do you have any other tips to add to the list? I’d love to hear them – please leave a comment below!
More Fun Things Happening in Round Rock this Summer
Summer in Round Rock
Round the Rock Instagram Summer Challenge
Vacation Bible Schools in Round Rock
Round Rock Public Library Summer Reading Program
Round Rock Public Library Summer Children’s Events
Summer Reading Programs in Round Rock
Flix Jr. Summer Movies
Cinemark Summer Movie Club
Camp Creativity at Michaels
Water Parks, Pools, & Splash Pads in Round Rock
10 Things to Know Before You Go to Rock ‘N River Water Park
Ultimate Guide to Round Rock Express
50 Fun Things to Do in Round Rock