The Round Rock Sertoma July 4th Parade will be held on Tuesday, July 4, 2018 starting at 10:00 am and it has a whole new route in Downtown Round Rock!
This is a wonderful hometown parade filled with floats, bands, and cool vehicles. We have been the last few years and loved it. If you are thinking of heading down, you should! It’s a wonderful, patriotic way to celebrate Independence Day.
And this year, the parade will take on a whole new route – the 1.5 mile route will be on Mays Street, between Mays Crossing and Highway 79.
5 Tips for the Round Rock 4th of July Parade:
1. Know the parade route: Take a look at the map of the parade route that goes down Mays Street in Downtown Round Rock. Pick a place to park and sit beforehand.
2. Come early to get a seat: Make sure you arrive EARLY if you want a good seat. And bring your own chairs to sit in.
3. Be respectful of neighbor’s & businesses lawns: This year, the parade route is going a different route that many not be through a neighborhood, but regardless, please be considerate of those who own businesses along the route. Don’t leave trash behind.
4. Bring a bag for goodies: Many floats and groups pass out candy & goodies to the crowd. Make sure to bring a bag to collect those items in.
5. Stand often, wave a lot, and have a good time: Stand for the nation’s flag, military groups and the national anthem. Wave at all the kids in the parade, and enjoy yourself, no matter what the heat or crowds look like.
Bonus Tip: Bring LOTS of water. Even in the shade, it can be hot.
After the parade, head to the festivities happening in Old Settlers Park – Here are 10 Things to Do at the July Fourth Frontier Days.