RRISD Board approves middle school boundaries effective at the start of the 2017-2018 school year at the regular Board meeting held on November 17, 2016.
The Board approved the middle school boundaries, effective at the start of the 2017-2018 school year. The approved plan was amended from the Oct. 20 proposal presented at the Board meeting by RRISD staff. After community and Board input, the approved plan ensures Cedar Valley and Chisholm Trail middle schools will be under capacity. Pearson Ranch Middle School will not be subject to overcrowding within the forecasted 10 year period.
Highlights of the approved boundaries are:
- All students from Fern Bluff Elementary School will continue to attend Chisholm Trail Middle School and all students from Old Town Elementary School will attend Walsh Middle School.
- The Northwoods at Avery Ranch subdivision and apartment complexes around Parmer Lane East of U.S. 183 will attend Pearson Ranch Middle School.
- Forest North Elementary School will also feed into Pearson Ranch.
- A majority of Joe Lee Johnson Elementary STEAM Academy and all Wells Branch Elementary Arts Integration Academy (AIA) students will attend Deerpark Middle School. A portion of students who reside north of Grand Avenue Parkway will attend Chisholm Trail Middle School.
- The Highland Horizons subdivision will stay at Cedar Valley Middle School.
- To better accommodate for growth at Pearson Ranch and allow for better demographic balance, the Ranch at Brushy Creek subdivision will be zoned for Cedar Valley.
There are no changes to current elementary or high school assignments as part of this proposal. Families will continue to attend the schools they are currently assigned to for elementary and high school. [BOUNDARY PRESENTATION]