Rock’N Lights Holiday Light Tour is back for the fifth year. After a HUGE success the past few years, this year’s Rock’N Lights Holiday Light Tour features even more displays and a bigger & brighter Christmas Towne at the Old Settlers Association.
Did you not go last year??? Don’t let that happen this year – it’s AMAZING!
Rock’N Lights is a drive-through light show that features thousands of sparkling lights through Old Settlers Park from November 30 to December 26, 2015. There are over 2 million lights on 1.5-mile path and this year’s show features all new displays and a longer light tunnel. We have been the past years and loved it and we learned a few things about going this year we thought we’d share with you!
10 Tips to Visit the RockN’ Holiday Lights Tour
1. Logistics – VERY IMPORTANT! Enter the park at Old Settlers Boulevard and Harrell Parkway. You will exit at Hwy. 79.
2. Put some Christmas Music on the Radio to get you in the spirit!
3. Bring blankets & roll the windows down. Feel the chill to the air while you look at the lights.
4. Stop for a cup of coffee (Gingerbread Latte anyone?) or hot chocolate before the tour. Or bring your own!
5. Go right at dusk (6:00 pm) and you will avoid a long line to get in.
6. Take your time driving through the tour – obviously don’t hold up traffic – but don’t feel like you need to rush through the trail either.
7. If the car in front of you is taking their time, do the same. Be courteous and don’t be on their tail. Relax, enjoy the drive and don’t speed through.
8. Wait for the person in front of you to go through the tunnel – the visual experience is SO COOL when you are the only car in there. Trust me!
9. Walk the Tour!! Sign up for the Round Rock Rotary Reindeer Run 5k and Fun Run. This will be the only opportunity to run/walk through the show!
10. After the light show, visit Christmas Towne at the Old Settlers Association. It features amazing light displays, historic holiday displays, holiday food, pony rides, petting zoo, holiday entertainment and more. The Christmas Towne will be open to the public Friday and Saturday evenings (weather permitting) and it is Free admission! But bring cash for the individual rides & food. There was an ATM out there last year but the fees were pretty high.
Rock’N Lights Hours:
Nov. 28-Dec. 15: Sunday-Thursday 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Dec. 16-24: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m
Dec. 25-26: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Family Vehicles $15
Commercial Shuttle Bus $45
Commercial Bus $75
We also take credit cards (Visa,Mastercard).
Park admission includes entry into Christmas Towne.
After the light show, visit Christmas Towne at the Old Settlers Association and the Dell Diamond parking lot. Christmas Towne features light displays, full-scale carnival rides, light maze, pedal go kart rides, holiday food, entertainment and more.
- Christmas Towne will be open the following days: 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
- Opens at 6m. to 15 minutes after the last car exits Rock’n Lights
Christmas Towne will feature the exciting Thomas Carnival featuring full-scale carnival rides. for all ages! The carnival will be open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. December 2, each night of Christmas Towne, and December 24 and 25, 2016.
Here is our experience 3 years ago:
For a complete listing of all Holiday Events in Round Rock, click here: