We are so very blessed to live in such a great city – Round Rock is unique in that it’s big enough to have everything that we need, but still has that small town feel. Many of you know, I started Round the Rock because I wanted everyone to know and take advantage of all the fun things there are to do here in the Rock. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to reflect on 30 things that make me Thankful to live in Round Rock.
30 Reasons why I’m Thankful to live in Round Rock
Day #14: Round Rock Public Library
I feel that I can say this to y’all: We have the BEST Library in Central Texas. Seriously, I think we do. Fo so many reasons, I don’t even know where to start.
I had someone the other day call the Library a “dying media”. As an avid reader, I was horrified. So I asked her when the last time she had been to our library – it had been YEARS. Clearly, she did not know:
- That you can “check out” books digitally with you Kindle, iPad, Nook, etc. It’s SO easy to do and there are thousands of books to choose from.
- That you can download magazines for free onto your e-readers using Zinio. Great magazines – It’s how I read Shape, O, and National Geographic each month.
- That the Library offers FREE seminars, classes, and clubs to adults each month – Yoga. Knitting. Computers. The list goes on and on.
- That the Library brings in an art collection each month for display.
- That the Library has some amazing special events for children of all ages – babies to Teens. Each week is full of storytimes, Rockin’ Craft Club, book clubs, and more.
- That the Library hosts special events, like the upcoming International Games Day on Saturday, November 16.
- That the Library hosts a comprehensive Reading Program each summer – filled with challenges, movies, puppet shows, games, and more!
- That the Library has hundreds of DVDs to check out for FREE?? There are a TON for kids!!
- That the Library has the BEST employees – No mater how busy they are, they are always willing to help you find something you need, suggest a good book, or just welcome you and your family in.
Oh, and did I mention, they have books?? Lots of incredible books – I always go to the library’s two New Release shelves on the second floor – they always have interesting selections.
So, is the Library a dying media? Absolutely not. I have never been a part of a more active Library that pulls people in as well as they do. I am so very thankful to have the Round Rock Public Library in our city.
Just a small disclosure here – I am not receiving any financial compensation to tell you what I am thankful for in Round Rock. I am simply telling you about places, objects, & opportunities that have blessed me & my family.
Want to catch up on the 30 Reasons I am Thankful to Live in Round Rock?