During a press conference this afternoon, Texas Governor Abbott announced that Texas is ready to move into Phase 2 of re-opening the state.
What does this mean exactly?
Phase 2 Includes
May 18 Opening:
- child care centers
- massage, personal care, tattoo and other beauty services
- youth clubs
- youth sports
May 22 Opening:
- bars, wine tasting rooms, & breweries at 25% capacity
- bowling alleys
- bingo halls
- skating rinks
- rodeo and equestrian events
- natural caverns
He also announced that restaurants will be able to open with a 50% capacity on May 22.
May 31 Opening:
- youth sports camps
- Summer camps, daytime and overnight camps
- Some professional sports including golf, auto racing, baseball, softball, tennis and basketball without in-person spectators
Full guidance for both businesses and customers can be found on the governor’s website.