The Round Rock Express is holding open mascot auditions for the 2016 season on Wednesday, March 2 from 6-9 p.m. at the United Heritage Center at Dell Diamond.
Affectionately dubbed “fan’s best friend,” Spike is a vital component of the fan experience at Dell Diamond. Candidates must be comfortable performing in front of thousands of fans. Mascot responsibilities extend far beyond the confines of the ballpark, as Spike is an important representative of the team in the Central Texas community. The ideal candidates are upbeat, outgoing and charismatic individuals with the ability to interact with all types of people in a family-friendly environment.
Any individual wishing to attend open tryouts must complete this form. For additional questions, please contact Express Director of Entertainment Steve Richards at [email protected]
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Previous experience as a mascot at the collegiate level or with a sports team required
- Possess a basic knowledge of Minor League Baseball
- Must be in good physical shape (former varsity athlete, cheer & dance, or theater experience preferred)
- Must be comfortable working in a costume for long periods of time
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Background Check will be performed
A full description of the traits, requirements and responsibilities can be found on the Express Employment Opportunities page.