With just over two months to go until baseball season, the Round Rock Express are excited to unveil the team’s initial promotional schedule. To coincide with the release of the promotional schedule, single-game tickets to all 72 Express home games are on sale now via RRExpress.com/Tickets. The fun begins with Opening Day at Dell Diamond on Tuesday, April 5 at 7:05 p.m. as the El Paso Chihuahuas (San Diego Padres affiliate) come to town to kick off the 2022 campaign.
Each and every one of Round Rock’s 72 home games will feature something special to enjoy thanks to a series of nightly promotions:
- The E-Train will don Austin Senators uniforms every Tuesday night as part of the brand new 512uesday, a weekly celebration of all things Central Texas
- A perennial fan favorite, $1 Hot Dogs and Sodas, presented by Mrs Baird’s, shifts to Wednesdays in 2022 as each Monday (with the exception of Monday, July 4) has now become a league-wide off-day
- The Original Thirsty Thursday, presented by Firetrol Protection Systems, returns for another season as the Express will offer discounted domestic draft and canned beers
- The E-Train will once again kick off the weekend by lighting up the night sky with the return of Bud Light Friday Fireworks following each of the team’s Friday home games
- From concerts to giveaways and everything in between, Saturdays at the Ballpark, presented by A+ Federal Credit Union, is the place to be with a unique promotion during each Saturday home game
- Finally, H-E-B Kids Days offer fun for even the youngest Express fans every Sunday with free inflatables and train rides outside the ballpark before the game and the opportunity to run the bases after the game
In addition to each of the nightly promotions listed above, all Thursday home games in 2022 will feature Pints & Pups, presented by H-E-B. Fans are invited to bring their four-legged friends to Dell Diamond every Thursday night home game for some extra company while enjoying beer specials as part of The Original Thirsty Thursday, presented by Firetrol Protection Systems.
This year’s promotional calendar is highlighted by 15 unique theme nights, with more to be announced soon:
- The Round Rock Express will kick off their 22nd season of professional baseball in Central Texas with Opening Day on Tuesday, April 5, complete with postgame fireworks, all presented by Dell Technologies
- The annual 90s Night returns on Saturday, April 9 and will feature a special postgame concert by Austin’s own 90s alternative rock cover band Zoodust, presented by St. David’s and Dell Technologies
- Texas State University presents STEM-FOR-ALL Night on Sunday, April 10 as fans can enjoy an up close look at space and technology elements like telescopes, drones and more inside the United Heritage Center
- The annual Education Day is set for Wednesday, April 20 as Dell Diamond becomes the biggest classroom in Texas with exhibits across the ballpark covering science, history, geography and math
- As part of Minor League Baseball’s “The Nine” initiative, the Express will become the Austin Black Senators for a celebration of Austin’s earliest baseball team and its star infielder Willie Wells on Saturday, April 23
- The force will be strong in Round Rock on Friday, May 13 as the club hosts the perennial fan-favorite
Star Wars Night
- Bam! Marvel’s Defenders of the Diamond series swoops into Round Rock on Friday, June 3 as the E-Train will don unique Marvel-themed uniforms during the game
- A handful of lucky fans will leave the game on Saturday, June 4 in a set of previously loved wheels as part of the 22nd annual Win a Used Car Night, presented by the Nyle Maxwell Family of Dealerships
- One of the most popular nights of the season, Princess Night, is back on Wednesday, June 15 as Dell Diamond transforms into a royal palace featuring princesses throughout the ballpark, complete with a VIP experience upgrade available that includes meet-and-greet opportunities with all characters in attendance
- Fans can boogie on down to 80s Night on Saturday, June 18 and enjoy a postgame concert by Austin’s top 80s cover band, The Spazmatics, presented by St. David’s and Dell Technologies
- Round Rock’s only Monday home game of the season comes on Monday, July 4 as the Express and United Heritage Credit Union present an Independence Day Celebration with the largest fireworks show of the year
- The Express will pay homage to the local Legend of the Round Rock Hairy Man on Saturday, July 9 by donning special Round Rock Hairy Men uniforms
- Live from Dell Diamond, it’s Saturday Night! The Express will host a tribute to sketch comedy, complete with a musical guest, The Spazmatics, presented by St. David’s and Dell Technologies, on Saturday, July 23
- America’s favorite paper salesman himself, actor Leslie David Baker, will be on hand for Pretzel Night, presented by H-E-B, on Friday, July 29, with a VIP experience upgrade available that includes a Q&A session, guaranteed autograph, photo opportunity and a soft pretzel
- Finally, fans can experience magic and spells abound at Dell Diamond on Friday, August 19 as the Express host Wizarding Night at the Ballpark
The St. David’s Postgame Concert Series, presented by Dell Technologies, returns in 2022 with one live postgame concert each month during the season. Austin’s own 90s alternative rock cover band Zoodust kicks off the tunes with a postgame show on Saturday, April 9 to cap off 90s Night. The remaining five postgame concerts will all feature the fan-favorite 80s rock group The Spazmatics, who will perform on the center field stage on Saturday, May 21, Saturday, June 18, Saturday, July 23, Saturday, August 20 and Saturday, September 10. Weather permitting, all fans with a game ticket will be invited onto the field to enjoy the shows up close and personal.
Four giveaways are already slated for 2022, with many more set to be announced as the season draws nearer:
- Leading off, the first 3,000 fans through the gates of Dell Diamond on Friday, April 8 will receive an Express baseball cap, presented by the Nyle Maxwell Family of Dealerships
- On Sunday, June 5, the first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a 2022 Round Rock Express baseball card set thanks to WGU Texas
- The first bobblehead giveaway of the season is slated for Saturday, July 30 as Whataburger presents the 22nd annual installment of the Nolan Ryan bobblehead giveaway for the first 2,500 fans in attendance
- Finally, the first 5,000 fans to arrive on Friday, September 9 will receive a 2023 Express magnet schedule, presented by Michelob Ultra
Round Rock will once again take part in Minor League Baseball’s Copa de la Diversión campaign as the Express will transform into the Round Rock Chupacabras on Sunday, May 22, Wednesday, June 29 and Friday, July 22.
Finally, the Express are proud to partner with Brown Distributing to host a trio of Brew Reviews throughout the season. Brown Distributing will be on hand with craft beer and seltzer sampling throughout the stadium on Tuesday, April 5, Thursday, June 2 and Thursday, August 18. Also thanks to Brown Distributing, the world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales will make an appearance at Dell Diamond from Saturday, April 23 – Thursday, April 28.
Tickets to all 72 Round Rock Express home games are available now via RRExpress.com/Tickets. Round Rock’s initial promotional schedule for the 2022 season is below. Please note, several more theme nights, giveaways and other events will be added to the lineup and announced in the future. All items listed are subject to change.