The Round Rock Chamber of Commerce’s annual Taste of Round Rock is coming up on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm and we want to make sure you are ready for it!
The 2020 Taste of Round Rock will take place on Tuesday, April 28 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m indoors at the Round Rock Sports Center! This event has been called “the best foodie party in Round Rock” because it features scrumptious food samples from local restaurants. Restaurant booths are available now through March 13, 2020.
Taste of Round Rock returns on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Don’t miss this annual signature event promoting Round Rock area restaurants and caterers. This is the 16th year that the chamber has hosted Taste of Round Rock, and it is a great opportunity for the community to come out and try different menu items and to discover new culinary creations. Like last year, the event will take place at the Round Rock Sports Center so regardless of the Texas spring weather, we will be comfortable indoors. Purchase tickets online here.
8 Tips for Enjoying the Taste of Round Rock
The Taste of Round Rock is an incredible opportunity to taste (for lack of a better word) all the amazing restaurants Round Rock has to offer. Tickets are only $25 to attend (before April 16 – then they go up to $30), and you get way more than $25 worth of food.
It is absolutely worth it, just follow these few tips to make it a great experience:
1. Come HUNGRY – Really – like don’t eat lunch that day. There is SO much food to try, that you will wish your wore your stretchy Thanksgiving pants.
2. Pace yourself – Take your time, really enjoy the food you are trying – there is plenty to go around, so don’t feel like you have to rush from table to table before everything runs out.
3. Bring a water bottle – Stick a drink in your purse so you have something to drink with you. There are several booths that have drinks available, but a lot of the time, they are not nearby the food booths.
4. Don’t like it? Don’t eat it! Just because it’s sitting on the plate in front of you doesn’t mean you have to finish it. Beleive me, there is more than enough food for you to try something else.
5. Walk fully around the event- In years past, when it was held at Dell Diamond, we made the mistake of filling ourselves to the brim before venturing down the other side of the event. So by the time we went down that side, we were FULL – and missed out on a ton of yummy desserts.
6. Dress comfortably – Plan on standing & eating – a lot, so dress in comfortable shoes and wear comfortable clothes.
7. Buy your tickets online ahead of time – Tickets are on sale online for the $30 price.
8. Bring a group of friends – Make it a night out and take your time. Get a few plates and compare what you liked with each other. Most of all, take your time and enjoy yourself!
Hope to see you there!