America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark, Kalahari Resorts & Convention Center, is set to open this weekend, November 12, 2020 and Round Rock could not be more ready for it to open. Recently, Kalahari Resorts announced they would be offering Day Passes to both the Waterpark and Tom Foolerys Amusement Park for the whole month of November.
Kalahari Resort Waterpark
Here’s a peek at what’s to be expected at the waterpark:
- 223,000 square feet of indoor waterpark
- Three acres of outdoor pools
- Attractions include: FlowRider surf simulator, adult grotto swim-up bar, cabanas and waterfalls
- ZeroVision Wave Pool Experience — a giant 37-foot LED display screen with surround sound mounted alongthe wave pool’s back wall gives an unparalleled multimedia experience never before seen in an indoor waterpark. The first-of-its-kind video wall will entertain wave pool guests with interactive video games, trivia and music videos and can be used for private evening dive-in movie experiences.
Tom Foolerys Adventure Park and Dining Options
- 80,000 square feet of fun in Tom Foolerys Adventure Park — thrill rides, ropes course, climbing walls, indoor zipline, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, mini golf, 250+ arcade games and attractions
- 20 on-site dining options — including five signature restaurants:
- Double Cut — steakhouse and bourbon bar
- Cinco Niños — modern Mexican kitchen and tequileria
- Sortino’s Italian Kitchen — satisfies the appetite and soothes the soul with flavors of Italy and thewarmth of family, with a variety of dining experiences, including: Sortino’s Italian Kitchen, PizzeriaSortino, Sortino’s Cafe & Gelato and Vinoteca Sortino
- B-Lux Grill and Bar — gourmet, handcrafted burgers and shakes
- Great Karoo Marketplace — everyone’s favorite buffet selections, for even the pickiest of eaters
- 10,000 square feet of retail space — includes Amatuli marketplace, featuring authentic African items,offering workshop tours, activities, information sessions and shopping. Opening spring 2021.
- Video games, mini bowling, blacklight mini golf, virtual reality and XD Dark Ride 5-D
Kalahari Day Passes – Waterpark & Tom Foolerys
Kalahari Day passes can be purchased here and are being sold each day in November (12-30). They can be purchased in combination with Tom Foolerys Amusement Park or by themselves. Also being offered are “spectator passes” and a discount is currently being given for those with a military ID.
It has not been announced if Kalahari Resorts will continue to sell day passes or if this is just a grand opening offer.
About Kalahari Resorts and Conventions
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, Sandusky, Ohio, the Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania, and opening soon in Round Rock, Texas, deliver a beyond-expectations waterpark resort and conference experience all under one roof. The authentically African-themed Kalahari Resorts, privately owned by the Nelson family, are home to America’s largest indoor waterparks. All Kalahari Resorts feature well- appointed guest rooms, full-service Spa Kalahari, a fun-filled family entertainment center, on-site signature restaurants, unique retail shops and a state-of-the-art convention center.
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions frequently receives awards and accolades for its guest and convention services. Recognition includes: Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 World’s Coolest Indoor Waterparks, Sensory Friendly Certified in 2020 (Ohio), Best Family- Friendly Meeting Hotel and Resort in Smart Meeting’s 2020 Smart Stars Awards, Parents’ Magazine 2019 Kids’ Travel Award Winner and TripAdvisor’s 2018 and 2017 Travelers’ Choice Awards.