Papi’s Pies Celebrates 6th Anniversary in Round Rock
All are invited to the 6th anniversary party on Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Papi’s Pies invites the public to its sixth anniversary party at its restaurant at 10 Chisholm Trail Road in Round Rock, TX.
Papi’s Pies hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony at its family-owned restaurant back in 2017. A lot has happened at this local business and community gathering space since then, thanks to the support of its community!
Papi’s Pies remains the only restaurant in Texas (and in the South and Southwest regions) to serve Bolivian saltenas on its daily menu. The owners, Jose Parra and Julio Palacios, along with their son Julio-Eduardo Palacio, have been working hard for six years to grow their restaurant business — the menu has expanded considerably as has their garden and patio and art offering too! The restaurant’s menu offers up meals, desserts, and refreshments from what it calls its “heritage kitchen,” meaning recipes are from childhood memories, adulthood spanning three continents, and recipes they’ve enjoyed while bringing up their children and grandchildren too.
A few highlights from this six-year culinary journey from this cottage garden restaurant:
- Tens of thousands of saltenas have been consumed by Texans, as Papi’s Pies is the Southwest’s home for this Bolivian national dish. Some are coming from San Antonio, Tyler, and all points N/S/E/W to eat this special item.
- Since inception the restaurant has presented monthly art exhibits, featuring local artists, on its restaurant walls and celebrated with monthly free community parties.
- Art expanded to the outside of the restaurant — with local artist-made birdhouses throughout their garden and two patio murals that were created by local artists after a patio expansion.
- Co-owner Julio, a professional theatre director, took time off at one point to direct a bilingual play at the Austin Scottish Rite Theatre.
- Their five grandchildren have grown up a lot in these six years, including one in college and one a college senior (who is now taller than his grandparents).
- The menu, shaped by input from customers, has grown to include gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan, and Keto items, as well as a wider range of international flavors, including huitlacoche crepes, Basque burnt cheesecake, molletes, a Ruben tartine, and passionfruit pie.
- The restaurant added a curated list of wine, beer, and of course bubbly for brunch-time mimosas.
- The restaurant survived the pandemic, crediting the loyal support of the Papi’s Pies friends and family
Papi’s Pies has won awards/accolades, including:
- Multi-year winner of Best Pie in Texas from “Eat This, Not That” for cherry pie
- Featured on KVUE television feature, Foodie Friday, with Brian Mays
- “13 Must Eat Pies in Austin,” Eater Austin
You’re invited to the sixth anniversary celebration of Papi’s Pies!
WHEN: A free party for the public on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, from 5pm to 7pm
FEATURED ARTIST: In addition to celebrating our anniversary, we’ll also be celebrating the new art exhibit at the restaurant, featuring cyanotypes and poetry by local artist Amy Jasek and her daughter Louise.
WHERE: Papi’s Pies, 10 Chisholm Trail Road, Round Rock, TX
Ample streetside parking is available on both sides of Chisholm Trail Road.
Copy and image courtesy of Papi’s Pies Round Rock