Sign up to Receive Kalahari Resorts Local Deals
Opening date for the Round Rock Kalahari Resort & Convention is fast approaching. And we have found the way for Round Rock residents to sign up to receive Kalahari Resorts local deals! Scroll to the bottom for the link.
Kalahari Resorts and Conventions is opening America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark in Round Rock, Texas on Nov. 12, 2020.
America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark takes shape as construction begins on:
- 20 pools and whirlpools
- 30 waterslides
- Attractions, including FlowRider, a rock-climbing wall, 23-foot LED projection TV screen, adult grotto swim up bar, cabanas, & waterfalls
KALAHARI ROUND ROCK RESORT FACTS
• 350-acre resort complex, including three acres of outdoor pools
• 975 guest rooms
• 223,000 sq. ft. of waterpark
• 80,000 sq. ft. of fun in Tom Foolerys Adventure Park
• Five restaurants
• 10,000 sq. ft. of retail space
• 200,000 square feet of flexible meeting space for conventions and events
Kalahari Brings Animals to Texas
To celebrate the announcement of the grand opening date in July, “Kalahari on Safari” embarked on a journey through Texas, bringing a caravan of 22 life-size stone animal sculptures, each weighing up to 10,000 pounds and measuring up to 10-feet high to their new home in Round Rock, Texas.
The one-of-a-kind animal sculptures, including 12 elephants, seven zebras, a mother and baby rhinoceros and a cape buffalo, made the 600-mile trek on four open-air flatbed trailers from Eureka Springs, Ark., through Dallas and Austin on their way to Round Rock.
The 22 stone sculptures were placed in their new home outside of the grand entrance to Kalahari Resorts and Conventions where they will welcome guests visiting this fall.
KALAHARI SAFARI SCULPTURE FACTS
- 22 life-size sculptures — 12 elephants, seven zebras, a mother and baby rhinoceros and a cape buffalo
- Weighing up to 10,000 pounds each
- Measuring up to 10-feet high
- 15 months to complete all sculptures
- Each sculpture is unique — the one-of-a-kind pieces are made of reinforced metal structures formed to create the animal shape, then coated and textured in concrete for an authentic appearance
- National Rock and Sculpture created the life-size animals. The same company has created original art pieces for the existing Kalahari properties in Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Just this week, a “virtual” hard-hat construction tour was released that shows the massive buildings and waterpark:
Kalahari Resorts Local Deals
Since most of us reading this website live in the immediate area, we are curious to see what it will cost locals to spend the day at the Kalahari Waterpark or even stay the night and enjoy the facilities. While they have not published that information yet, you can sign up to receive an email when it does.