The community had the opportunity to review and provide feedback on potential calendars earlier this year. The Academic Calendar Committee, consisting of parents, teachers, and administrators reviewed feedback and made their final recommendation to Trustees.
As in recent years, two days of operational minutes are banked within each calendar to set aside time for school closures due to things like inclement weather. Professional Development Days and holidays are also included in each of the calendars and were adjusted based on community feedback to align with various religious holidays that represent our diverse community such as:
- Rosh Hashanah on Sept. 26, 2022
- Yom Kippur on Sept. 25, 2023
- Diwali on Oct. 24, 2022, and the Nov. 10, 2023, Friday leading up to Diwali
- Good Friday on April 7, 2023, and March 29, 2024
- Eid al-Fitr dates on April 21, 2023, and April 10, 2024
A two-week Winter Break is built into each calendar to provide families with additional travel days during the holiday season, with students returning for the spring semester during the first week of January.
The 2022-2023 and 2023 -2024 calendars are posted on the District’s Calendar website.