The 10th Annual Reindeer Run 5K and Family Fun Run is coming up on Saturday, November 20, 2019 starting at 4:00 pm at Old Settlers Park. This is such a fun event!
Join us for the 10th Annual Round Rock Rotary Reindeer Run 5K and Family Fun Run through Old Settlers Park and a grand start and end at the stunning Christmas Town light tunnel at the Old Setters Association. You will be surrounded by amazing holiday lights and Christmas cheer and enjoy FREE family activities throughout the evening included with your registration.
Reindeer Run takes place from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Saturday, November 30, 2019 at the Old Settlers Association and Old Settlers Park. The Reindeer Run benefits Round Rock’s Play for All Abilities Park.
Holiday family activities include: Candy Cane Reindeer, Holiday Hula Hoops, Candy Cane Limbo, Elf Present Toss, Cookie Walk, Reindeer Food, Christmas Tree Lollipop Pull, Feed the Reindeer, Snowball Toss, Elf Scavenger Hunt, Temporary Holiday Tattoos and even more activities.
There will be beautiful holiday music and, of course, Santa photo opportunities! Food Court will be open 4:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
You are encouraged to come dressed in festive holiday clothing/costumes. There will be various opportunities for photographs. Paid participants in all runs will receive an event t-shirt. Giveaways will be distributed while supplies last.
Reindeer Run takes place from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. Saturday, November 30, 2019 at the Old Settlers Association and Old Settlers Park. The Reindeer Run benefits Round Rock’sPlay for All Abilities Park.
Timed 5K Cost: $35 ($30 before 11/18)
5K Fun Run: Cost: $30 ($25 before 11/18)
Kids 1K: Cost: $5
4:00 p.m. Registration Opens and Pre-Race Family Activities & Holiday Costume Contest
5:00 p.m. Kids 1K
5:30 p.m. Timed 5K Run
6:00 p.m. 5K Fun Run
- Round Rock Parks & Recreation Dept (301 West Bagdad, Ste 250, Round Rock)
Wednesday 11/26/19 (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
Thursday 11/27/19 (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM)
- Fleet Feet (3750 Gattis School Road, Round Rock)
Friday 11/29/19 (Noon – 6:00 PM
- At the event
Saturday 11/30/19 (4:00 PM – 6:30 PM)
We ran the race last year and LOVED it. Here are a few tips to know before you go:
1. Bring the WHOLE family! This is a FUN RUN – all the kids will enjoy this themed run with costumes, games, and lights.
2. It’s a FUN RUN!! There is a timed race that starts before the fun run, so let those more serious runners go first. I encourage you to take your time and enjoy the evening, don’t feel rushed to get through the race as quickly as you can. Don’t feel rushed and even walk it if you want to.
3. Dress Up!! Get festive – put on a fun Holiday shirt, grab some reindeer ears and dress up for this race!
4. Arrive Early!! There are various booths, games, & activities to do with the kids before the race, so make sure you get there early enough to check it out.
5. Go as a Group!! The more people you have, the more FUN this run will be! Go back to tip #3 and coordinate dressing up together!
Enjoy this great race! It’s so much fun!!